PrimaShield Antifouling Sealer is a quick drying, general purpose, below waterline primer designed to provide both exceptional water barrier and tie coat properties to a large range of substrates prior to applying antifouling
PrimaShield Antifouling Sealer is used on the following substrates:
- Mild steel & Corten steel hulls & keels
- Timber hulls (sealed with Altex Epoxy TimberSealer)
- Aged exposed epoxy primers / undercoats
- Exposed fibreglass, gelcoat or GRP
- Aged antifoulants - suitable for use as a barrier/sealer coat between unknown or incompatible antifoulings.
- Other substrates – see over page.
PrimaShield Antifouling Sealer also helps prevent leaching of TBT from an underlying antifouling coating provided it is applied at a minimum dry film thickness of 80 microns (minimum 2 coats by roller).
PrimaShield Antifouling Sealer is used for spot priming of exposed primers & undercoats during maintenance repaints of antifoulings. These spot applications ensure good adhesion of the antifouling to an aged substrate.
- Single pack direct to steel primer
- Extended time to re-coat with itself or with all solvent borne antifoulings
- Excellent corrosion protection
- May be used to seal old antifouling coatings
- Fast dry time
- Excellent application properties – easy to brush / roll
- Excellent water immersion resistance
- Reinforced with aluminium flake
- Fully compatible primer & sealer for all Altex antifoulings (see Note overleaf)
- Excellent primer & sealer for immersed wooden hulls