TRU DESIGN Aquavalve
The Tru-Design Aquavalve is designed and made in New Zealand, for demanding marine sanitation applications. The Aquavalve is typically used in marine toilet applications where protection for the environment necessitates the need to control effluent discharge – in many countries this is governed by regulation.
Sewage entering our waterways and oceans has become a problem faced in many areas. Legislation forbidding the dumping of marine waste has been in place in areas such as the Great Lakes (USA) for many years. With 124 countries now party to MARPOL 73/78 Annex IV for ships, smaller vessels are now being targeted. Legislation in many countries now dictates the use of holding tanks near shore, or in defined areas.
By installing a diverting valve, the user has the ability to hold sewage when required by law, and can pump directly overboard when allowed. The Aquavalve has the ability to be locked to comply with local legislation.
- Colour: White
- Manufactured from a glass reinforced nylon composite - High strength and light weight.
- Clear and easy to understand labelling of positions - OPEN (in green) when the handle is turned. The operator knows exactly what direction the flow is going in.
- Valve handles have a red “closed” arrow. The operator knows exactly what direction the flow is not going in.
- Handle position lockable - Legislation in some regions require the overboard discharge handle to be locked into the holding tank position when in ‘no discharge’ zones
- Pressure tested - All valves are pressure tested to ensure quality and safety in respect to sealing and operation.
- Note bulkhead hole diameter for Aquavalve through Bulkhead is 49.0mm
TRU DESIGN specialises in the design, manufacture and marketing of high quality marine valves, skin fittings, hose nozzles and associated products.