Designed and made in New Zealand, Tru-Design Vented Loops with Solenoid are the superior composite siphon break solutions for marine applications. Vented Loops prevent water siphoning from underwater skin fittings back into a vessel and thereby guard against accidental flooding and sinking.
Vented Loops are used predominantly in toilet to overboard applications, toilet inlet applications and holding tank to overboard applications. They can also be used in genset or small engine inlet cooling water systems.
A Solenoid controlled Vented Loop allows the vent to be switched to fully closed. This eliminates air entering the system as occurs with a standard vented loop. The solenoid used is normally open, requiring power only to close the valve.
- Manufactured from a glass reinforced nylon composite - High strength and light weight
- Robust polymer covered solenoid - Long life in the marine environment
- Diaphragm valve - Faster breaking of siphon due to larger flow rate available
- Female threaded Solenoid Valve - No brass/bronze adapter to corrode
- Constant internal diameter - No reduction in flow
- Self-contained mounting - 3 screw mounting posts give secure and easy installation
- Chemical resistant - Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints
- UV resistant - These fittings will not break down with ultraviolet light or discolour from the sun
- High quality surface finish - Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do
- Large operating temperature range - Suitable for all marine environments, from -40°C to +110°C.
TRU DESIGN specialises in the design, manufacture and marketing of high quality marine valves, skin fittings, hose nozzles and associated products.