Tru-Design range of Skin Fittings are the first composite through hull fitting to be certified by the International Marine Certification Institute (IMCI) Belgium.
Designed and made in New Zealand, the Skin Fitting body and nut are moulded from glass fibre reinforced nylon composite. High strength, high-modulus glass fibres provide dramatic strength, stiffness, toughness and dimensional stability. These properties allow a significant weight reduction over metallic fittings.
Tru-Design Skin Fittings eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings.
Tru-Design Skin Fittings are certified by the International Marine Certification Institute (IMCI) & Bureau Veritas to meet; ISO 9093-2 Small craft — Seacocks and through-hull fittings — Part 2: Non-metallic
- Manufactured from a glass reinforced nylon composite - High strength and light weight
- Compatible with all hull types - Can be used on aluminium, steel, wood or GRP hulls
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis - Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
- Chemical resistant - Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints
- UV resistant - Will not break down with ultraviolet light or discolour from the sun
- High quality surface finish - Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do
- Paintable - Can be painted with all types of antifouling
- Limited Warranty
- Trudesign accepts no responsibility for Ball Valves or Skin Fittings which are improperly installed especially in the case where a Ball Valve with tapered threads is attached to our Skin Fittings